Cosmelan is the world’s number 1 skin depigmentation treatment which is used to soften and remove hyper-pigmentation, caused by genetics, sun exposure, inflammation, hormonal changes, ageing, photosensitising medication.
The Cosmelan works by inhibiting the production of tyrosinase (the enzyme that produces pigmentation), by inhibiting the skins production of this enzyme the pigmentation becomes significantly reduced and in some cases can disappear completely. Cosmelan can be applied to the face and body.
Cosmelan Depigmentation treatment can be used on all skin types to effectively treat:
- Melasma or Chloasma which has been caused by pregnancy, oral contraceptives and hormone replacement therapy
- Brown / Age Spots which can be caused by the natural ageing process, sun exposure and genetics
- Post-Inflammatory Hyper-Pigmentation which can be caused by acne, injury or photosensitising medications
- Produces quick depigmentation results
- Suitable for men and women
- Does not contain TCA or hydroquinone
- Well tolerated by all skins including sensitive and acne skin types
- Non-invasive treatment which can be used throughout the year provided that you use the moisturising sun protection on a daily basis
- The peeling effect rejuvenates and brightens the skin
- Can treat all skin types
14 days before your Cosmelan treatment you will begin to prepare your skin by applying the brightening peel booster. This is applied in the evening only.
48 hours before your Cosmelan treatment you will visit the clinic for a professional Melanostop peel.
You cannot use any other skin lightening product for a minimum of 7 days, prior to the treatment and thought the treatment course.
When the Cosmelan mask has been removed your skin will appear slightly pinkish and feel warm, similar to sunburn. Then a peeling/flaking will develop as the skin begins to renew, this normally last for 3-4 days after the treatment.
48 hours after the Cosmelan mask has been applied you will begin the Cosmelan homecare routine for one year after the treatment to ensure the hyperpigmentation is eliminated and preventing new dark spots from appearing .
After the first or second week your skin will already show a substantial improvement, with pigmented marks disappearing or fading. Then your skin will start become healthier, brighter and more rejuvenated due to the peeling action on the skin.
We treat clients from all over Scotland, If you are planning on travelling to Edinburgh for the Cosmelan treatment, please contact us to arrange a telephone consultation.
Price includes Consultation, Melanostop Peel, Cosmelan Mask and home care products: Hydra milk 200ml, Hydra tonic 200ml, Brightening Peel Booster 50ml, Cosmelan 2 Maintenance Cream 30g, Hydra Vital Factor K Cream 50ml, Fast Skin Repair 50ml, Moisturising sun protection factor 50 50ml. Follow up appointments throughout the year.
Price includes Melanostop Peel, Cosmelan Mask and home care products: Brigntening Peel Booster 50ml, Cosmelan 2 Maintenance Cream 30g, Hydra Vital Factor K cream 50ml, Fast Skin Repair 50ml, Moisturising Sunblock Factor 50 50ml. Follow up appointments throughout the year.