Fine Facial Hair
The Danne Alkaline Wash system is a remarkable treatment designed to reduce fine fluffy downy hair, also known as peach fuzz, on the face and body. Typically, this hair type can be difficult to remove as the hair growth is usually fine and dense. This would take a long time to treat with electrolysis and laser. If you have a combination of fine fluffy, and thick dark hair, the alkaline wash can be used with our IPL/Laser treatments.
On average, eight treatments are required, with the first and second treatment 2/3 weeks apart and the rest monthly.
- Can treat any skin or hair colour
- Quick pain free method of hair removal
- Large areas of hair can be removed in one treatment
- Alternative for clients who are unsuitable for waxing, electrolysis or laser/IPL treatments
- Improves the skins texture and evens out the skin colour, making this treatment ideal for facial hair removal
- Reduce and prevent the reoccurrence of ingrown hairs and folliculitis
- Weakens the hair growth and drastically reduces re-growth which then leads to permanent hair removal
- Avoid exfoliating your skin for one week
- Avoid sunbeds/prolonged exposure to sunlight for four weeks
- Avoid fake tan for one week
- Avoid using saunas/steam room on the day of treatment
- Avoid exercising immediately before treatment
The alkaline wash is a powder mixed into a paste, applied directly onto the skin, and left for 3-4 minutes. During this time, the solution dissolves the surface hair and the underlying follicle to reduce hair growth over time with multiple treatments.
After the first treatment, the hair will grow back at its normal rate, but as the treatment progress, the regrowth rate becomes slower, and the hair growth becomes less, leading to a permanent hair reduction over time.
Redness may occur within 48 hours of treatment.
Irritation, mild itching, or warm sensation (like sunburn) may occur within 48 hours.
Slight dryness or mild flaking may occur within 72 hours.
Make-up can be applied several hours after treatment if the skin does not feel sensitive, sore, or irritated and the skin is not broken. Remove make-up carefully with cleanser and pat dry, do not rub your skin as this will irritate it.
Avoid strenuous exercise, steam room, sauna, and hot baths for 4-5 days.
Wash and Bath as usual in a lukewarm shower, pat dry skin and apply the recommended home care products.