Cosmelan is the world’s number 1 skin depigmentation treatment used to soften and remove hyper-pigmentation caused by genetics, sun exposure, inflammation, hormonal changes, ageing, and photosensitising medication.
The Cosmelan works by inhibiting the production of tyrosinase (the enzyme that produces pigmentation); by inhibiting the skin’s production of this enzyme, the pigmentation becomes significantly reduced and, in some cases, can disappear completely. Cosmelan can be applied to the face and body.
Cosmelan Depigmentation treatment can be used on all skin types to treat:
- Melasma or Chloasma which has been caused by pregnancy, oral contraceptives and hormone replacement therapy
- Brown / Age Spots which can be caused by the natural ageing process, sun exposure and genetics
- Post-Inflammatory Hyper-Pigmentation which can be caused by acne, injury or photosensitising medications
- Produces quick depigmentation results
- Suitable for men and women
- Does not contain TCA or hydroquinone
- Well tolerated by all skin colours
- Non-invasive treatment which can be used throughout the year
- The peeling effect rejuvenates and brightens the skin
- Can treat all skin types, including sensitive and acne-prone skins
Two weeks before your Cosmelan treatment, you will be given products to use at home in the morning and evening.
Two days before your Cosmelan treatment, you will visit the clinic for a professional Melanostop peel.
When the Cosmelan mask has been removed, your skin will look pink/red and feel warm, like sunburn.
Skin peeling/flaking will develop as the skin renews; this usually lasts 5-7 days after the treatment.
Use the homecare products as directed.
You will see a substantial improvement in your skin after the first or second week, with pigmented marks disappearing or fading.
Consultation (deducted from treatment cost)
(Includes preparation products, Melanostop peel, Cosmelan mask and 1 set of homecare products)